Marriage and Divorce Part 1
Scripture: Mark 10:1–10:12
Marriage and Divorce
July 27, 2014
I. Pharisees seek to test Jesus. Mark 10:2-5; Deuteronomy 24:1-4
II. Jesus appeals to creation to establish His case. Mark 10:6-9; Genesis 1:27-28, 2:24
III. What happens if a spouse divorces improperly. Mark 10:10-12; 1 Corinthians 7:10-11
IV. Two cases where divorce is permitted.
1. The case of sexual immorality. Matthew 19:9
2. The case of desertion. 1 Corinthians 7:12-15
Questions for Reflection:
- What are God's purposes for marriage?
- What might be some of the reasons for the high rate of marriage failure today?
- How can we encourage and strengthen biblical marriages?