A Question the Scribes Can't Answer
Scripture: Mark 12:35–12:44
A Question the Scribes Can’t Answer
August 16, 2015
I. The inspiration and authority of Scripture. Mark 12:35–36
II. The transcendent, greatness of the Messiah. Mark 12:36–37; Philippians 2:9–11
III. Beware of the Scribes. Mark 12:38–40
IV. An example of true devotion. Mark 12:41–44
Questions for reflection:
- What is meant by the inspiration of Scripture? Why is this important?
- Psalm 110 describes the Messiah as far greater than Israel’s greatest king, David?
- How might we reflect the greatness of Christ in our lives?
- What are the things that Jesus points to as red flags of the Scribes falseness?
- In what ways can we emulate the widow’s example of true devotion?