The Right To Become Children of God
Topic: Advent Scripture: John 1:10–1:13
December 17, 2017
“The Right To Become Children Of God”
- Rejected by the world and His own people. John 1:10-11, 3:19
- Those who received Jesus are the ones who believed. John 1: 12a
III. The benefit of faith is the right to become a child in God’s family. John 1:12b
- Spiritual birth (regeneration) is a divine act of God. John 1:13, 3:3
Questions for reflection:
- What do you think accounts for the rejection of Jesus by the Jewish nation?
- What are the three elements of saving faith?
- How does embracing our identity as a child of God change us?