A Church That Pleases God
Scripture: Revelation 3:7–3:13
January 7, 2018
“A Church That Pleases God”
- Remembers the greatness of Christ and His authority. Rev. 3:7-8
- Understands it’s not about outward success, but obedience and witness. Rev. 3:8
III. An unexpected fulfillment of prophecy and encouragement. Rev. 3:9, Isaiah 45:14
- Trusts Christ to preserve them spiritually through trials and tribulation. Rev. 3:10, John 17:15
- Keeps the reward in view, the eternal blessing of God. Rev. 3:12
Questions for reflection:
- What does this passage teach us about Christ?
- As we begin the New Year, what changes in your life in terms of obedience and witness would please and bring honor to God?
- What kind of motivation does Jesus provide to the church