Scripture: Judges 17:1–17:13
January 28, 2018
- Micah establishes a house of worship. Judges 17:1-13
- Clues that all is not right.
- The author’s repeated refrain. Judges 17:6
- The problem with the priest. Judges 18:30
- The presence of an idol. Deut. 27:15
- Sincerity, though necessary, is not enough. Judges 17:13, Matt. 15:8-9, 14, Romans 10:2
- Acceptable worship is determined by God not us. Leviticus 10:1-3
- We must be careful of mental idols concerning God.
- Acceptable worship is secured by a King. Judges. 17:6, Hebrews 10:19-22
Questions for reflection:
- What does this passage teach us about worship?
- What might be some of the dangers of worship that God finds unacceptable?
- What do you think are the key principles consistent with worship that pleases God?