Journey to Easter Day 4 devotion
Journey to Easter Devotion
Journey to the Upper Room
Context: John 13 and Mattew 26:17-30; Philippians 2:5-11
Focus: John 13:1-17
Questions for family discussion
For younger children.
- Let one of the children pretend to be king. How does the king act? How does everyone else act toward him?
- One of the family can be the king’s servant. Which does the king say to his servant: “Wash my feet?” or “Let me wash your feet?”
- Is Jesus king? Why did he wash the disciples’ feet?
- Who was Judas? Did Jesus wash his feet?
- What does this story show you about Jesus?
Questions for older children and adults
- We see in the text that Jesus’s actions arose out of what he knew. What four things does John say Jesus knew (vs. 1-3)?
- How does knowing this affect what he does? See also Hebrews 12:2
- What if Jesus had held onto his rights as king? What would be different for us right now and in the future?
Prayer and Praise
Read Philippians 2:5-11. Spend time acknowledging Jesus as Lord, praising him for what you see about him in John 13.
Consider how the different parts of the 40 Day Prayer Covenant relate to today’s scriptures and pray through those as a family.