Journey to Easter Devotion day 7
Journey to Easter Devotion
Journey to the Empty Tomb
Context: Matthew 28:1-10; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20
Enrichment: 1 Corinthians 15:20-28
Questions for family discussion
For younger children
Read all of the gospel accounts above. Note the similarities.
- Who are the people mentioned in all of the passages?
- What emotions are experienced?
- Where does Jesus appear?
- Why are these things recorded for us? (John 20:30-31)
- According to 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, what will happen to the snake’s kingdom because Jesus rose from the dead?
- What is the last enemy to be destroyed?
- Is the promise made in the Garden of Eden fulfilled?
Questions for older children and adults
See questions in the above section.
- *According to Romans 1:4, what do we know about Jesus because he rose from the dead?
- How does the resurrection of Jesus change your everyday life? (Romans 6:5-14)
Prayer and Praise
- Sing joyfully all the resurrection songs you know!
- “Present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.” (Romans 6:13)
- Pray that “the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 1;17-20)
*This question taken from Mighty Acts of God by Starr Meade, Crossway Books. 2010. Page 240.